Report to: Closure Senior Engineer
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
As the door system engineer, you have the responsibility for door in white design and development from Pre Product Start to Job1. You will support during prototype build and verification activities to identify the root cause for issues.
- Responsible for door panel design and development activities in whole vehicle life cycle.
- Guarantee door panel development meet vehicle program targets.
- Responsible for new model launch support as project needs.
- Work with packaging and other cross function team to define door glass, P1P2 surface, hardware layout, sealing strategy etc.
- Manage door panel weight, material, cost, investment, joint solution;
- Own new lightweight material application, i.e. aluminium cold & hot stamping process, aluminium/magnesium casting & extrusion, carbon fiber.
- General manufacturing process analysis, i.e. roll hemming, stamping, welding, riveting
- 3D model and GD&T release.
- SSTS, DFEMA and DVP&R definition.
- Work with CAE team for structure optimization.
- Competition and benchmarking study.
- Technical review for global supplier capability evaluation.
- Responsible for problem shooting and resolving, issue and change management.
- Evaluate and adopt the latest technologies and process.
- Satisfy market needs and drive best practice design processes.
- Primary technical interface with styling center and advanced vehicle engineering.
- Validate and implement VAVE strategy.
- Work closely with LEC closure team.
- Recognize and embrace Geely culture.
- Rich experience in door in white design and development.
- Familiar with manufacturing process – stamping, casting, extrusion, glue bonding, welding, riveting, framing etc.
- Automobile OEM background is preferred.
- Bachelor degree, 10+ years professional experience in area of closure
- Professional in MS, Catia, Teamcenter etc.
- Cultural awareness, especially China – European culture.
- Familiar with vehicle knowledge and development process
- New lightweight material and process application experience.
- Project management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good written and oral English level.
- Good team player – communication & coordination
- Deliverable-driven spirit – responsible, quick action, and deliver on time
- Flexible – goal oriented, open minded and be a good problem solver
- Willing to work in an international project environment
- High level of engagement to solve any issues and help others
- Positive attitude, resolute and high drive for results
- Acceptable high frequency international travels